Tuesday 7 March 2017

"What I learnt at Writing on the Wall" - Chloe

Taken during Chloe's (right) first week, taken with Rachael (left), one of our interns. 


Hello,                                                                                                                                                 
My name is Chloe, I am from Hillside High School, I am in Year 10 and I am doing my work experience at Writing on the Wall. I had chosen this place myself however I had asked my school to help me get the details. I have chosen to do my work experience here because I was thinking about wanting to be a script writer when I am older.  I was thinking of becoming a script writer when I am older because I like to write different types of stories and role plays.

I am interested going to college, studying media or photography and just work on my skills. After college, I want to go to university or even a media or photography school. I like the thought of being a photographer (if I don’t end up wanting to become a writer), because I like to take pictures and then work on the photo, add more detail and filters to make it look better. I wanted to try and get an experience from Writing on the Wall to show me what it is like in a writing company and see if it’s still one of my ideas for what I would like to do when I am older.

During my work experience I had to read through the Pulp Idol on the Writing on the Wall website so then I could write an email to Waterstones in Liverpool. I had to check if they have Pulp Idol First 2017 and If they had any interests/sales also mentioned about we would have liked to help promote the book. 

Another thing I had to do at my time at Writing on the Wall was work on a project with Liverpool Mental Health Consortium: ‘Finding Some Way through A City of Mind’. Firstly, I had to read through the material then create a tweet of an advertising soundscape and asking if anyone wanted to listen to it.


Overall my time at Writing on the Wall has been good, I now have experience working in an office. I have also seen how the staff organise their work and create different events.

No comments:

Post a Comment